Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice (exit only) (7032)
- Approved Abbreviation: DipCrim&CtyJust
- Western Sydney University Program Code: 7032
- AQF Level: 5
CRICOS Code: 082637F
This program applies to students who commenced in 2022 or later.
Students should follow the program structure for the session start date relevant to the year they commenced.
For Commencement Year 2020 and 2021 - please refer to 7032.5 Diploma and Community Justice (exit only)
For Commencement Year 2017 to 2019 - please refer to 7032.4 Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice
For Commencement Year 2015 to 2016 - please refer to 7032.3 Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice
For Commencement Year Term 2 2014 - please refer to 7032.2 Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice
The Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice is available as an exit point only from 6025 - Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice/Bachelor of Criminal and Community Justice.
This program is delivered by Western Sydney University, The College as an agent of Western Sydney University.
The Diploma in Criminal and Community Justice provides the first year subjects of study for the Bachelor of Criminal and Community Justice which itself will draw upon disciplinary areas such as Criminal Justice, Criminology, Psychology, Social Work and Welfare in order to provide a theoretical framework for those who work with offenders, on issues of rehabilitation, through-care and resettlement. The inclusion of additional preparatory subjects is designed to assist students in the transition to study at University level.
The Diploma will provide the basis for further study in the degree program. It is important to note that this diploma does not guarantee direct employment into Corrective Services.
For more information on Western Sydney University, The College, please refer to their web site.
Western Sydney University, The College
One year full-time.
Prospective students should visit the following websites for general enquiries about this program.
Enquire about this program| Local Admission | International Admission |
|Bankstown Campus||Full Time||Internal||See above|
|Bankstown City Campus (from 2023)||Full Time||Internal||See above|
This program is an exit award only
The aim of the program is to prepare students for tertiary study in the Bachelor of Criminal and Community Justice. The Diploma is accredited by the University, as principal, to enable its agent, Western Sydney University, The College to produce students who are fully prepared for study beyond the first year of a tertiary award.
Local students entering this Diploma are required to have:
- Completed an English subject in the NSW Higher School Certificate, or to have competency in English at IELTS 6.0 equivalent (unless a native speaker) or have Passed the English test administered by Western Sydney University, The College at IELTS 6.0 or to have passed the Foundation English subject offered by The College at Western Sydney University at C grade level.
- Met other entry requirements such as an ATAR identified prior to the offer of a place (the ATAR will be set each year at a level below that for admission for the Bachelor of Social Science), or to have Completed the Foundation Studies program offered by Western Sydney University, The College, with a GPA of 5.5 or better.
English Entry Requirements. International students entering the Diploma must satisfy one of the following language requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each sub band
- Completion of Western Sydney University, The College EAP 4 program with a 50% pass
- Pass in Foundation Studies Academic English subject at C grade level.
- Passed the English test administered by Western Sydney University, The College at IELTS 6.0 equivalent.
This program is an exit award only
Qualification for this award requires the successful completion of the subjects below.
|Students must pass the following preparatory level subject for which no advanced standing will be granted in the Western Sydney University degree program:|
|LANG 0052||Academic Communication for Policing and Justice (WSTC Prep)||10|
|University Level Subjects|
|CULT 1019||Understanding Society (WSTC)||10|
|HUMN 1042||People, Place and Social Difference (WSTC)||10|
|BEHV 1023||The Individual in Society (WSTC)||10|
|CULT 1025||Introduction to Criminal Justice (WSTC)||10|
|WELF 1004||Human Services Intervention Strategies (WSTC)||10|
|WELF 2009||Human Rights, Human Services and the Law (WSTC)||10|
|HUMN 1062||Introduction to Indigenous Australia: Peoples, Places and Philosophies (WSTC)||10|
|Select one of the following:||10|
|Mental Health in the Community (WSTC)|
|Crime, Deviance and Society (WSTC)|
|Total Credit Points||90|