ENGR 2030 Industrial Experience (Associate Engineer) (WSTC AssocD)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 700311
Coordinator Abbas Ranjbar Opens in new window
Description Industry experience provides a significant opportunity for students to understand employer expectations in relation to working on projects and with others in a professional capacity. Students undertake six weeks full-time (37.5 hours per week) employment (or part time equivalent) to obtain relevant workplace experience in Engineering under the supervision of professional engineers in one or more companies. Students identify learning opportunities and goals with a focus on applying academic learning in practice, learning project management, work culture, professional attitude and self-awareness. Students develop critical reflective skills in reporting their progress.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Other Engineering And Related Technologies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled at The College in 7022 Associate Degree in Engineering. Students must have completed 60 credit points.
A broad background knowledge in the relevant engineering discipline (ie equivalent to that obtained after completing one and a half (1.5) years of the associate engineering program).
- Demonstrate planning and goal setting skills with a comprehensive plan for work experience.
- Critically reflect on personal and professional skills required for the workplace context.
- Report on your experience applying academic learning in the workplace and on your experience learning engineering, engineering processes, and work culture in the workplace context.
- Provide evidence of working effectively and inclusively with others in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Assess your work performance using self-assessment and assessment by others.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
Quarter 1 (2024)
Nirimba Education Precinct
Subject Contact Abbas Ranjbar Opens in new window