MECH 7004 Advanced Mobile Robotics
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301020
Coordinator Gu Fang Opens in new window
Description This unit is designed to develop an understanding of the concepts involved in Mobile Robotics. The areas of mobile robot mechanics, localisation, map building and path planning will be introduced. Various sensors and their applications in mobile robotics are also to be introduced.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program
Some basic skills in MATLAB and C/C++ programming.
- Classify and model different types of mechanical structures of mobile robots.
- Examine and solve issues of localisation in mobile robots.
- Examine and apply the map building and path planning techniques used in mobile robotics
- Evaluate various sensors and assess their applications in mobile robots
2. Localisation, map-building and path planning
3. Sensors and sensing techniques.
4. Recent development in mobile robots
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|In class Quiz||3x0.5hr||30||N||Individual|
|Group Project (no more than 3 students in each group)||Report is limited to 15 pages max.||30||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Individual Project||Report is limited to 15 pages max.||20||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Gu Fang Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.