NATS 2040 Physical Activity, Nutrition and Health
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401411
Coordinator Sarah Kennedy Opens in new window
Description From 2020 this unit replaces 400892 - Physical Activity, Nutrition and Health. This unit examines the interdependence between physical activity, nutrition and health and the role of key lifestyle behaviours in improving health outcomes, longevity, and quality of life. Throughout this theoretical and practical unit, students explore personal and socio-cultural health issues, and identify how these health issues can be addressed in a proactive, holistic, and sustainable manner at an individual and population level.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Medical Science
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects HLTH 1007 - Nutrition Physical Activity Mental Health HLTH 2019 - Physical Activity Nutrition and Health
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in program 4659 - Bachelor of Health Science (Personal Development, Health and Physical Education), 4742 - Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education)-Pathway to Teaching (Secondary), 4747 - Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education) or 6001 Diploma in Health Science/Bachelor of Health Science (Health and Physical Education)
- Describe the nature, and justify the choice of Australia�fs health priorities in relation to nutrition, physical activity and health.
- Create, discuss and analyse scenarios that illustrate how physical activity and dietary choices are influenced by cultural and social values.
- Evaluate personal actions and support strategies in response to personal health challenges.
- Evaluate the nature of the relationship between physical activity, nutrition and health from a socio-cultural perspective.
- Examine and reflect on the social inequities impacting on physical activity, nutrition and health across the lifespan.
- Analyse, evaluate and implement the latest research evidence and guidelines within and between physical activity, nutrition and health.
- national physical Activity, sedentary behaviour and nutrition guidelines
- promoting lifelong physical Activity and positive health behaviours
- socio-cultural Issues, current research and relationships between physical Activity, nutrition and health
- strategies to promote lifelong healthy attitudes and practices
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|4 x online quizzes||20 minutes each||40||N||Individual|
|Oral presentation||10 minutes||30||N||Group|
- George, E. (Ed.). (2016). 400892: Physical activity, nutrition and health (3rd ed.). North Ryde, Australia: McGrawHill Education. ISBN: 9781307065107
Subject Contact Sarah Kennedy Opens in new window