SPRT 2012 Community Sport Development
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401283
Coordinator Hazel Maxwell Opens in new window
Description The subject develops students' knowledge and understanding of the concept of community sports development and its role in addressing key issues of social inclusion, diversity, and health promotion. Students explore local and national Australian policies and initiatives, with a focus on monitoring and evaluating and exploring evidence around the social impact of sport. The module facilitates students' knowledge and understanding of community needs within the context of sport and active recreation. Further, students will propose innovative sport development initiatives and programs where students will design and implement a localised sport development initiative in partnership with a local sport organisation.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Sport And Recreation
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Pre-requisite(s) SPRT 1008
A basic understanding of the sports industry, and an appreciation of the diverse communities that exist locally and internationally.
- Examine local and national Australian community sports development policies and initiatives
- Apply a critical awareness of community sports development practice and the role of community sports development in addressing a wider social agenda
- Employ sociological ideas and key concepts to explain relationships between social, economic and cultural factors, and sporting opportunities
- Develop a community grant proposal for a community sports development project, and deliver a community sports development project in partnership with a local sport organisation/ government organisation.
- Critically explore the concept of monitoring and evaluation in community sport development, and evaluate their own community sport development project.
- Monitoring and evaluation of community sport and sport development initiatives.
- The importance of an evidence based approach; planning, implementation and evaluation of sport for development programs.
- how to design and implement A community sport development Project, in line with current funding streams in local government and national sport objectives.
- exploring The social impact of sport and localised sport development Initiatives, within The context of current national objectives around diversity, social inclusion, safeguarding and integrity in sport.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Case Study||1500 words||30||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Hazel Maxwell Opens in new window