ENGR 3022 Special Technical Project
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301089
Coordinator Ali Hellany Opens in new window
Description This is an elective unit offered to students who are engaged in a School approved project. The unit can be taken during the third year of Engineering, Construction Management and Industrial Design courses. This unit consolidates and deepens a students knowledge and capabilities developed through previous years of study. Students will develop complex solutions by collaborating with various discipline specialists. This unit develops management, reflective and leadership skills including the ability to work with team members from other fields of study through practical application.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Other Engineering And Related Technologies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Students need to seek approval from the subject Coordinator to enrol in this subject. Students must have completed 140 credit points or more prior to enrolment and must be enrolled in one of the following programs to enrol in this unit: 3689 Bachelor of Engineering; 3740 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours); 3690 Bachelor of Engineering Advanced (Honours); 3691 Bachelor of Engineering Science; 3727 Bachelor of Building Design Management; 2607 Bachelor of Construction Management; 3692 Bachelor of Construction Technology; 3729 Bachelor of Design and Technology; 3730 Bachelor of Industrial Design; 3731 Bachelor of Industrial Design (Honours).
Students are expected to have been involved in the project in their 2nd year of study on a voluntary basis.
- Synthesise and apply specialist technical knowledge to develop practical and innovative engineering solutions
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to design and develop elements of an engineering project
- Employ project management and organisational skills in documenting and producing deliverables on schedule
- Reflect on their developing skills as a professional and discuss the impact their involvement in the project has had on their attainment of professional and technical competencies
- Evaluate when new knowledge is required and demonstrate initiative in obtaining and applying this knowledge to improve project outcomes
Development of integrated practical and innovative solutions to engineering problems
Development of document management processes and procedures
Application of project time and financial management skills
Development of research skills
WHS Module and Specialist Lab Induction.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Report||No more than 1,500 Words||20||N||Individual|
|Log/Workbook||Regular entries with an average of 1 per week||50||N||Individual|
|Reflection||Maximum 3,000 words||30||N||Individual|
Subject Contact Ali Hellany Opens in new window