BUSM 7021 Credit and Lending Decisions
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 51166
Coordinator Vivienne Saverimuttu Opens in new window
Description Lending is one of the most important functions of any financial institution. If not managed properly, it can lead to credit quality problems, threatening the existence of the financial institution. This unit aims to provide an analysis of the various lending activities of financial institutions, emphasising the assessment of credit proposals and the management of credit risk.
Discipline Business And Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate Business program.
51163 Financial Institutions and Markets and/or 51164 Finance / 200426 Corporate Finance.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Apply constructive lending practices with due consideration of the interactive relationship between different banking activities, structures and risks;
- Apply knowledge of credit risk assessment principles and processes to conduct proficient credit risk assessment;
- Analyse lending information to detect different credit risk components and to make reasoned judgements appropriate to the circumstances;
- Integrate the spectrum of knowledge and information to generate constructive lending solutions.
The principles of lending and lending basics
Financial statements analysis
Credit scoring techniques
Credit risk analysis
Real estate lending
Security, consumer credit legislation and legal issues
Small business lending
Credit risk measurement and loan portfolio management
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Mid-Semester Examination||2 hours||30||N||Individual|
|Group Assignment||3,000 words||20||N||Group|
|Final Exam||2 hours||50||N||Individual|
- Sathhye, M. & Bartle, J. 2017. Credit Analysis & Lending Management, 4th Edition, Mirabel Publishing.
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Vivienne Saverimuttu Opens in new window
Sydney City Campus Quarter 3
Subject Contact Neelam Goela Opens in new window