REHA 3051 Leisure Education Programming and Mental Health (UG Cert)
Credit Points 10
Description In this unit students will develop knowledge and skills required to facilitate and critically evaluate leisure education interventions to bring about changes in the leisure behaviour of individuals, particularly those at risk of developing or with a diagnosed mental illness. Students will analyse evidence to plan, implement and evaluate leisure education programs.
School Health Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects REHA 3013 Leisure Education and Mental Health
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 7176 Disability Care Support
- Identify and evaluate models of leisure education and related concepts.
- Analyse issues related to promoting health and well-being through leisure literacy and participation.
- Create, implement and evaluate an evidence-informed leisure education program for clients with a mental illness.
- Analyse, apply and evaluate educational techniques used in leisure education to promote wellbeing
2.Leisure education in national and international contexts
3.Leisure education theory applied, in particular, to individuals with a mental illness
4.Designing, planning and delivering leisure education programs for individuals with a mental illness
5.Leisure ability model (not changed)
6.Lived experiences of consumers and families with a mental illness (not changed)
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Applied Project Part A||600 words||20||N||Individual|
|Applied Project Part B||1000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Applied Project Part C||1000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Applied Project Part D||6 minutes||20||N||Individual|
- Dattilo, J. (2015). Leisure education program planning (4th edition). State College, PA: Venture Publishing.