HUMN 3106 Study Tours
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102742
Coordinator Shane Hersey Opens in new window
Description This unit provides students with opportunities outside the usual classroom experience. It is designed particularly for students who (1) enrol in short course study tours and/or (2) take a placement with an international or domestic workplace. A number of WSU partners offer short course study programs either internationally or domestically. The study tours offer an opportunity to spend up to three weeks off campus and experience real-life settings that allow for application of academic knowledge and understanding of on-the-spot discoveries.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects HUMN 3053 - International Study Tours
Restrictions Successful completion of 60 credit points of study in currently enrolled program.
- Analyse the effect of culture as it applies to a national/ workplace setting
- Apply academic knowledge to existing situations
- Integrate existing knowledge with new, on-the-spot discoveries
- Reflect on the impact of the subject on your intellectual and professional development
2. Integration of knowledge gained in an international or domestic context with discipline knowledge.
3. Intercultural understanding and skill development.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Portfolio||1,000 words (or equivalient)||20%||N||Individual|
|Critical Review||2,500 - 3,000 words||60%||N||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Subject Contact Shane Hersey Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.