INFS 2010 Work-Integrated Learning in Digital Construction
Credit Points 10
Description The digitalisation of construction industries has grown considerably in the past decade and this unit responds in practical ways by engaging students in project-based learning related to Digital Construction within an industry framework. Students will select a project with an agreed industry partner, which involves simple digital applications in day-to-day construction such as software applications, information systems, digital solutions, apps and fintechs. This unit contributes towards the skills required for a work-ready graduate and allows the student to plan, undertake and report on a specific aspect of practice in the context of work.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 3782 Bachelor of Construction Management Advanced (Honours) AND have applied and selected by a partner organisation before enrolling in this subject.
- Manage various aspects of a project related to Digital Construction, including planning and implementation, to produce agreed deliverables that align with feedback.
- Conduct research on the theoretical basis on the selected digital construction project demonstrating ethical, digital and information literacy.
- Reflect on the learning and professional development achievements related to the selected digital construction project.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills through the selected digital construction project and the workplace.
- Integrate technical and digital tools for project management applications.
?digital solutions/ apps/ fintechs
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Presentations||15 minutes (each)||30||N||Individual|
|Report||2000 words plus an agreed deliverable||50||N||Individual|