TEAC 1005 Children's Digital Worlds
Legacy Code 102663
Coordinator Joanne Orlando Opens in new window
Student Contribution Band
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Students must be enrolled in 1879 Bachelor of Education (Birth – 5 Years).
- Engage with media and research literature regarding children’s digital worlds.
- Explain children’s uses of technology from a child’s perspective, and from an adults’ perspective.
- Identify the factors that influence how a child uses technology at home, in social spaces and in educational settings.
- Identify key aspects of children’s technology use that supports learning.
- Describe strategies for developing curriculum using technology to support learning in early childhood.
- How young children use technology
- Debates surrounding young children’s technology use
- Using literature to identify and analyse the factors that influence young children’s uses of technology
- Safe uses of technology for young children
- Technology use that supports learning in early childhood
- The role of the educator in facilitating children’s use of technology for learning
- Critical teaching and learning strategies to support children’s learning using technology
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.