BLDG 3013 Work-Integrated Learning in Global Construction
Credit Points 10
Description In this unit, students will engage in project-based learning related to Global Construction practices in the industry. Students will select a project with an agreed industry partner on construction and management of mega or complex projects to study aspects such as stakeholder management and communication, modern construction methods, productivity and quality assurance. This unit contributes towards the skills required for a work-ready graduate and allows the student to plan, undertake and report on a specific aspect of practice in the context of work.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 3782 Bachelor of Construction Management Advanced (Honours) AND have applied and selected by a partner organisation before enrolling in this subject.
- Manage various aspects of a project related to Global Construction, including planning and implementation, to produce agreed deliverables that align with feedback
- Conduct research on the theoretical basis on the selected global construction project demonstrating ethical, digital and information literacy
- Reflect on the learning and professional development achievements related to the selected global construction project
- Apply communication and collaboration skills through the selected global construction project and the workplace
- Analyse specific knowledge and skills for work/projects in complex, mega, global construction or management contexts
-Product compliance and quality assurance
-Modern construction methods
-Stakeholder management and communication