INFO 6001 IT Project Management
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Bahman Javadi Jahantigh Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to provide students with an opportunity to learn and apply the knowledge, values and skills of consultancy, project management, and research by undertaking an IT project. The subject prepares students on presenting project proposals in various ICT areas, project management, time management, communication skills, and the evolving legal, ethical, and social responsibilities of IT professionals. Students will work in teams under the supervision of a staff member, to plan and investigate their project.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Discipline Other Information Technology
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 6 subject
Pre-requisite(s) ENGR 7017 - Professional Practice and Communication
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
Understanding of systems analysis and design principles.
- Create project management documentation including business cases and proposals for IT projects following project management body of knowledge guidelines
- Analyse issues and failures in IT project management
- Manage project scope, quality and budget using project management methodology
- Work with diverse team members and stakeholders to manage project schedules and resources using appropriate tools and techniques
- Demonstrate research, writing and presentation skills relating to project management
- Critically reflect on professional practice skills, legal, ethical and social issues in the IT context
- Communicate in a clear and convincing manner with diverse audiences using a range of formats
1. Developing business cases for IT projects
2. Developing project proposals
3. Challenges and failures in IT project managements
4. Project management
5. Recent project management methodologies
6. Developing consultancy and research skills
7. Presentation skills and inter-personal skills
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Applied Project||10 pages (for Part 1) 15 pages (for Part 2)||60||N||Group|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Bahman Javadi Jahantigh Opens in new window