POLI 3008 International Special Study
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102193
Coordinator David Walton Opens in new window
Description This unit provides students with opportunities outside the usual classroom experience. It is designed particularly for students who (1) enrol in short-course study tours, and/or (2) who take a placement within an international workplace. Several UWS partner institutions (e.g., the University of Seoul) run annual short-course study programs. With regard to placements (internships), students must seek a placement that connects directly with their areas of study.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Political Science
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Successful completion of 60 credit points of study in currently enrolled program.
- comprehend culture, as it applies to a national and/or workplace setting;
- apply existing knowledge to real-world situations;
- integrate existing knowledge with new, on-the-spot discoveries;
- demonstrate the impact of the subject on their intellectual development.
- integration of knowledge gained in An international context with discipline knowledge.
- intercultural Understanding and skill development.
Planned short course/internship in an international setting they intend to undertake.
Integration of knowledge gained in an international context with discipline knowledge.
Intercultural understanding and skill development.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Critical Reflection||2500-3000 words||60||N||Individual|
|Student Portfolio of work produced during placement||5 minutes||20||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact David Walton Opens in new window