HLTH 3009 Major Incident Management
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401075
Coordinator Nicole Peel Opens in new window
Description This unit examines the tactical and strategic issues facing a health response team in a major incident. Students will practice team responses to critical incidents and evaluate the effectiveness of different approaches to response and recovery.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Paramedical Studies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) HLTH 3014
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 4669 Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedicine).
- Research and formulate strategic and tactical responses to major incidents as part of a health response team
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles and techniques of major incident prevention, response and recovery
- Demonstrate leadership and decision-making in the context of a health response team
2. Planning for major incident response
3. The Ambulance Service Management Plan
a. Command and control
4. Medical support
5. Scene control and management
d. Psychosocial support
6. Hazardous materials
7. Mass gatherings
8. Natural disasters