GEDU 0009 Tertiary Study Skills in Health Science (WSTC Prep)
Credit Points 0
Legacy Code 700170
Coordinator Charlise Bennett Opens in new window
Description This subject is designed to assist students to become successful independent reflective learners. It introduces students to a range of theories and concepts to facilitate the development of practical skills and personal attitudes necessary for success in tertiary study.
School Western Sydney The College
Discipline Learning Skills Programs
Student Contribution Band
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 0 Preparatory subject
Students must be enrolled at Western Sydney University, The College.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge about the theory and practise of what constitutes an successful independent reflective learner in tertiary education
- Access and explore tertiary education and to make informed choices about the future direction of their education
- Communicate ideas and information in a style appropriate to an academic setting
- Use improved interpersonal skills to become effective group members and develop a peer support network
- Locate and use appropriate educational technologies
1. The College Policies and Procedures
2. Apply time management skills and independent learning
3. Factors influencing student success- Self-efficacy and support for success
5. Making videos and using YouTube
6. Group work
7. Exploring key programs in health science
8. Group work on presentations
10. Other qualifications offered at WSU and the college RTO
11. Employability and volunteering
12. Subjects for next term
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|2-3 minutes pp