MKTG 7033 Customer Experience
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 201022
Coordinator Lynne Freeman Opens in new window
Description Customer experiences occur when there is interaction between a company and their customers for the duration of their relationship. It comprises the customer journey, the consumer-brand 'touchpoints' and the environment in which these experiences happen. Increasing digitisation of the organisation-customer interface has resulted in a shift of buyer expectations where it is easier to compare market offerings and where communication is no longer a one way interaction. This unit considers the complexity of the technology driven relationship where customers become co-creators of their own personalized experiences and how companies can be part of this.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects MKTG 7004 - Buyer Behaviour
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate Business program or 3749 - Master of Science.
An understanding of marketing theory and relevant principles is assumed.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain the complex interactions between a company, their partners and customers which influence the quality of all customer experiences and the customer journey
- Apply the process of dividing people into social networks based upon criteria such as communication, demographics, product usage, digital use and psychographic attributes and behaviours
- Formulate a virtual customer experience via the application of digital media and networks
- Evaluate customer-centric metrics for better decision making
- Reflect on the issues around maintaining customer privacy in the digital age
1. Investigating customer experience ecosystems
2. Social segmentation
3. The virtual customer experience
4. How human emotions drive positive customer experiences in real-time
5. Customer Insights
6. Managing customer privacy
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Case Study||2,500 word equivalency||45||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||2,500 words||30||N||Individual|
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact Lynne Freeman Opens in new window
Sydney City Campus Quarter 3
Subject Contact Daniel Townsend Opens in new window