LANG 7010 Critical Literature Review
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 200744
Coordinator Terrence Sloan Opens in new window
Description The aim of this unit is to develop skills in applying rigorous analysis and critical assessment to research-based literature in general, through an examination of literature in a particular field. This unit is intended to provide candidates with the basic skills needed to do critical analysis of literature while also enabling them to gain more familiarity with theories, issues, and problems in a particular research area. Literature will be analysed through a balanced and constructive critique of its strengths and weaknesses, providing suggestions for how the work might have been improved.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 8710 - Critical Literature Review
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
- Present an overview of literature sources about their selected topic from scholarly journals and texts.
- Examine authors�f perspectives on their topic and the arguments that they present.
- Critically analyse the style, structure, and content of the literature.
- Critically analyse the philosophical, theoretical and methodological approaches of the research outlined in the literature.
- Employ scholarly conventions used in summarising and analysing literature, compiling research reports and articles and in dissertation construction.
- Develop clear questions and propositions as guides for research investigations.
- The second content strand runs horizontally: The research content, formed by knowledge and Understanding from The philosophy and methodology of The social sciences.
- The analysis methodology is A process approach that The course takes to The subject and content, through The techniques of analysis and critique of The literature.