LANG 3075 Spanish 302
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 101954
Coordinator Ignacio Garcia Opens in new window
Description This subject is a level 3 component of the Spanish major which extends the skills acquired in Spanish 301. It develops in students an advanced mastery of Spanish grammar, and develops their ability to apply this grammatical knowledge in oral and written communication. In addition to the language skills, this subject covers further aspects of Spanish culture through the recommended texts and class discussions.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Discipline Southern European Languages
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 1585 - Languages and Grammatical Concepts 3A Spanish
Spanish 201 and 202 or equivalent knowledge.
- Demonstrate understanding of advanced rules of Spanish grammar;
- Apply this grammatical knowledge to monitor their own written production;
- Understand and summarise text materials in Spanish written by native speakers for native speakers;
- Compose written texts in Spanish which are appropriate for practical and professional purposes;
- Demonstrate aural comprehension and oral production skills in Spanish at a level that enables them to engage in meaningful conversation with native speakers;
- Demonstrate an advanced level of receptive and active lexical skills;
- Identify and apply strategies to overcome oral/aural difficulties and achieve communication in Spanish.
. Aural comprehension practice in Spanish by listening to authentic language;
. Speaking practice in Spanish in both spontaneous and prepared speech;
. Practice in reading a variety of Spanish materials and exercises on material read;
. Practice in writing appropriately in Spanish for practical and professional purposes;
. An exploration of Spanish culture and contemporary society through a range of topics.
- Chamorro Guerrero, M. D. et al. (2010). Abanico. Nueva Edicion. Barcelona: Difusion.