ELEC 6001 Applied Project in Neuromorphic Engineering
Credit Points 40
Description This 40 credit point semester-long unit provides a capstone experience to students enrolled in the Master of Applied Neuromorphic Engineering. Students work on an industry-oriented project with practical application and outcome. Having the intention to go into industry, this unit provides opportunities for students to explore a relevant problem that can be completed in one semester. Students will gain valuable experience and industry insights.
School Graduate Research School
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 40cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 8124 Master of Applied Neuromorphic Engineering
- Propose a feasible project plan in Neuromorphic Engineering
- Appraise new opportunities in Neuromorphic Engineering with creativity and initiative
- Systemically and critically analyse data and information sources that are related to the identified industry-oriented problem aiming to enhance the capabilities of the neuromorphic system
- Effectively communicate a novel solution and its potentials to both specialist and non-specialist audiences by utilising a variety of multimedia formats that fit for purpose
- Execute an industry-oriented project with practical application and outcomes in the area of Neuromorphic Engineering
- Project proposal and plan
- Project execution and evaluation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Effective communication and negotiation
- Industry standards
- Processes and considerations for commercialisation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Portfolio||2000 words or equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|Applied project||4000 words or equivalent||50||Y||Individual|
|Proposal||5 mins or 1200 words(or equivalent)||15||N||Individual|