ELEC 6001 Applied Project in Neuromorphic Engineering
Credit Points 40
Legacy Code 800235
Description This 40 credit point semester-long unit provides a capstone experience to students enrolled in the Master of Applied Neuromorphic Engineering. Students work on an industry-oriented project with practical application and outcome. Having the intention to go into industry, this unit provides opportunities for students to explore a relevant problem that can be completed in one semester. Students will gain valuable experience and industry insights.
School Graduate Research School
Discipline Electrical And Electronic Engineering And Technology
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 40cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 8124 Master of Applied Neuromorphic Engineering
- Propose a feasible project plan in Neuromorphic Engineering
- Appraise new opportunities in Neuromorphic Engineering with creativity and initiative
- Systemically and critically analyse data and information sources that are related to the identified industry-oriented problem aiming to enhance the capabilities of the neuromorphic system
- Effectively communicate a novel solution and its potentials to both specialist and non-specialist audiences by utilising a variety of multimedia formats that fit for purpose
- Execute an industry-oriented project with practical application and outcomes in the area of Neuromorphic Engineering
- Project proposal and plan
- Project execution and evaluation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Effective communication and negotiation
- Industry standards
- Processes and considerations for commercialisation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Portfolio||2000 words or equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|Applied project||4000 words or equivalent||50||Y||Individual|
|Proposal||5 mins or 1200 words(or equivalent)||15||N||Individual|