NURS 7062 Project Management in Healthcare
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Jed Montayre Opens in new window
Description Project management knowledge and skills are vital in the healthcare professional work environment. Using scenarios, students will explore their topic of interest, applying principal project management concepts, and integrate these into project planning. Students will learn how to appraise existing projects using a review framework, and identify the key steps within a project life cycle, starting from the conception stage to creating a project implementation plan.
School Nursing & Midwifery
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
- Appraise project management concepts and apply these to explore topics relevant to professional interest in healthcare.
- Critically evaluate and review reports related to healthcare, projects or initiatives using project quality tools and framework.
- Propose solutions towards professional and practice issues identified within healthcare organisations using effective project management strategies.
- Communicate and engage with key stakeholders about proposed solutions based on healthcare organisation�fs quality indicators.
- Critically reflect on learning acquired and professional development attained in this unit.
Project Management and the Healthcare Environment
Decision-Making Tools for Choosing A Project
Principles and Steps for Strategic Planning with particular emphasis on healthcare
Essential Project Management Components
Skills required in Project Management: technical skills, people management skills
Change and Risks in Healthcare Organisations
Project Quality Indicators and Pre-requisites of Quality
Quality Management Tools
Project Review Tools and Framework
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Online Quiz||30 minutes||20||N||Individual|
|Case Study||1,000 - word equivalent||30||N||Individual|
|Professional Task||15 minutes||30||N||Individual|