BUSM 0002 Academic Skills for Business (WSTC)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 900098
Coordinator Abdullah Al Aabed Opens in new window
Description This subject introduces students to the essential academic skills required for success in tertiary studies. It employs an explicit pedagogical approach to teach students how to become independent, active, and reflective learners. The subject also includes essential research and writing skills specific to the study of Business.
School Western Sydney The College
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 0 Preparatory subject
Equivalent Subjects BUSM 0001 - Academic Skills for Business
BUSM 0003 - Academic Skills for Business and Commerce
Students must be enrolled at The College in a Foundation Studies program
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Use both independent and collaborative learning strategies to advance their own knowledge and that of their peers.
- Communicate effectively through the development of critical reading, listening, speaking and writing skills in context.
- Locate and use information technology systems and educational technologies to support learning and assessment.
- Apply critical thinking and use problem solving and research skills to make informed decisions.
- Apply the process of reflection to learning experiences, in order to assess their own learning styles and �glearn how to learn�h.
1. Introduction to tertiary study
2. Advanced tertiary skills
3. Information skills and blended learning
4. Essential skills for business
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.