ACCT 3004 Advanced Accounting
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200267
Coordinator Krishan Prasad Opens in new window
Description This unit addresses the advanced aspects of accounting. Accounting theories are discussed in terms of how they assist us in understanding current accounting practice and accounting standards. In addition, theoretical concepts are applied to current news and real world events.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) ACCT 3007
Equivalent Subjects ACCT 3002 - Accounting Philosophies and Theories LGYB 3531 - Advanced Financial Accounting (V1)
- Critically evaluate accounting theories;
- Interpret practice and rules through appropriate theoretical analysis;
- Analyse and understand the current implications and impacts of financial reporting practices;
- Demonstrate critical thought through communicating good arguments both orally and in writing;
- Work in a team environment and negotiate possible explanations or solutions which lead to successful outcomes;
- Explain the notion of power and control in corporate structures.
- applications of those theories through practical exercises and linkages to current practice and real World events, to reinforce previously learnt accounting skills
- Critical evaluation of theories of accounting and theories related to The development and regulation of accounting
- Examination and application of selected topical and complex accounting Standards for Examination in depth
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Intra-session Exam||1 hour||25||N||Individual|
|Final Exam||2 hours||45||Y||Individual|
- Deegan, C 2014, Financial accounting theory, 4th edn, McGraw-Hill Education (Australia) Pty Ltd.