LANG 3033 Film and Drama
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 100866
Coordinator Anthony Uhlmann Opens in new window
Description This subject offers a survey of one or more of the following: drama, drama on film and film drama. It will examine key concepts in cinema theory, dramatic form and film production. Comparison may be made between theatre texts and film adaptations related to the work of specific dramatists; or drama texts may be considered in themselves (often with the screening of filmed versions of these dramas). Alternatively, film itself will be considered as a disinct dramatic form whose contours will be traced in relation to the work of important directors. Viewing films will form an integral part of this subject and students will be expected to attend screenings of films as well as a lecture and tutorial.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Successful completion of 60 credit points of study in currently enrolled program.
- Evaluate the different theoretical and historical developments in the field of cinema
- Employ visual literacy in the discussion of cinema
- Discern and evaluate key technical concepts belonging to dramatic forms
- Identify the work of a particular playwright or filmmaker and in relation to methods of critical analysis
- Illustrate rhetorical skills
- introduction to key elements of dramatic form
- comparison of film form and theatre form
- cinema, film and theatre theory
- film and theatre history
- detailed Examination of The work of A dramatist or dramatists and/or A filmmaker or filmmakers
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Tutorial Discussion and leadership plus tutorial essay||Tutorial Discussion (10 min length); leadership plus tutorial essay (500 words)||20||N||Individual|
|Written Exercise||2,000 words||40||N||Individual|
|Take Home Exam||1,500 words||40||N||Individual|
- A book of primary readings prepared by the subject coordinator.
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Anthony Uhlmann Opens in new window