HLTH 7014 Professional Topic
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 400850
Coordinator Stewart Alford Opens in new window
Description This unit is designed to allow high achieving students to comprehensively explore a relevant topic of interest to them, either through a minor supervised research project or industry-based project. This unit's flexible delivery offers a unique experience specific to each project and student. Students in this unit will develop extensive skills through project-based learning essential for employment and/or higher degree studies.
School Health Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must have permission from subject Coordinator to enrol in this subject. Students must have GPA of 5.0 or above. Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
- Propose and investigate a topic area relevant to professional practice.
- Critique peer-reviewed literature pertinent to the proposed topic and identify gaps in knowledge.
- Design and Implement a relevant professional project.
- Justify possible areas of inquiry for future research or development.
1. Project-based learning relevant to individual professional goals and available expertise within industry, academia or other relevant body.
2. Critical literature appraisal on topics relevant to the student?fs project
3. Project management skills
4. Report writing in the form of a scoping paper or research paper or industry project report.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Literature Review||2,500 words||40||N||Individual|
|Scoping Report OR Applied Research Project OR Industrial Project Performance||3,000 words||60||N||Individual|