NURS 7015 Clinical Teaching for Learning
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 400974
Coordinator Linda Gregory Opens in new window
Description This unit prepares educators, clinical facilitators and clinicians for their role in clinical teaching and learning. Students will identify learner needs and create and initiate evidence based teaching interventions and assessment strategies. Theoretically informed, experiential strategies will enable students to develop their expertise as clinical teachers and assessors in the workplace.
School Nursing & Midwifery
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
- Plan and implement evidence-based learner-centred experiences
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interplay between student, environment, teaching and assessment in clinical education
- Engage in program development and evaluation incorporating professional attitudes, values and standards
- Undertake workplace assessments for competency
- Use feedback from learners, peers and managers to improve teaching and assessment effectiveness
- Critically reflect on their own clinical teaching and how it impacts on learning
Teaching and Learning strategies
Applying knowledge through clinical reasoning
Applying evidence-based principles
Emerging technologies in teaching and learning and their application: Wikis, Blogs, Podcasts, Simulation, Webinars
Peer observation and peer coaching
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Essay identifying a clinical learning need, provide a rationale, and develop a teaching plan.||1,500 words||40||N||Individual|
|Essay. Implement the teaching plan. Undertake a self-assessment on the education session. Provide a critical reflection on the implementation.||2,500 words||60||N||Individual|
- There is no essential textbook.
2022 Semester 1
Subject Contact Linda Gregory Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.