RADI 7003 Practice of Cardiac Sonography 2
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401190
Coordinator Paul Stoodley Opens in new window
Description This unit will build on the knowledge and skills developed in Practice of Cardiac Sonography 1. Students will learn to perform a more extensive echocardiographic examination as they study measuring left ventricular systolic and diastolic function, and are introduced to assessing valvular function. Image interpretation, report writing, and essential aspects of professional practice will also be included in this unit.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Pre-requisite(s) RADI 7002
Co-requisite(s) RADI 7007
- Apply imaging protocols in the practice of cardiac sonography
- Accurately measure anatomical dimensions and physiological parameters
- Use the ultrasound data to assess cardiac structure and function
- Draw conclusions based on the images and measurements, and write a report
- Demonstrate essential features of safe practice and patient care
3. Professional practice and development
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Imaging Atlas||30 images with supporting text||20||N||Individual|
|Objective Structured Clinical Examination||1.5 hours||50||Y||Individual|
|Written Exam||1.5 hours||30||N||Individual|
|Log/Workbook||300 cases and one 250 word reflection||0||Y||Individual|
2022 Semester 2
Subject Contact Paul Stoodley Opens in new window