REHA 4034 Occupational Therapy Clinical Practice 4
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 400179
Coordinator Lee Zakrzewski Opens in new window
Description In 2013 this subject replaced by 400914 - Occupational Therapy Practice 4. This subject will allow students to consolidate academic knowledge and clinical skills in preparation for becoming a competent beginning practitioner. Students will be expected to actively participate in assessment, analysis, goal setting, treatment/programme planning and occupational therapy intervention under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Occupational Therapy
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
Pre-requisite(s) LGYA 7072 AND
Equivalent Subjects LGYB 7906 - Clinical Placement 4
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Manage case loads in preparation for independent practice.
- Demonstrate professional behaviours and attitudes in practice settings.
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members, relevant community groups and industry partners.
- Utilise a range of assessments to set long and short term goals.
- Implement and evaluate occupational therapy interventions in the practice setting.
- Prepare documents in a professional format related to practice.
- Practice self-directed learning strategies through the use of a learning contract.
- Reflect on their practice experience using a structured format.
- professional behaviour
- communication skills
- Individually negotiated learning Contract
- documentation skills for practice
- assessment of individual and group needs
- implementation and evaluation of programs for individuals and groups
To undertake this subject, students must comply with the following special requirements:
- Completion of a Prohibited Employment Declaration;
- Criminal Record Check Clearance;
- Provide evidence of compliance with the occupational screening and immunisation policy of NSW Health;
- Students must possess a current First Aid Certificate approved by the Workcover Authority.