AGRI 3009 Agricultural Technology
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301449
Coordinator Ryan Mcquinn Opens in new window
Description Agricultural Biotechnology is rapidly developing and this unit will assure you the knowledge and skills that contribute to the future of sustainable food production. The subject material integrates agronomic principles with current and emerging biotechnology, highlighting issues and solutions based around case studies. This approach facilitates an analytical framework that goes beyond traditional production systems including eco-farming, life-cycle and regenerative agriculture, along with development of innovative and integrated production and waste systems. Key concepts include sustainable resource use, nitrogen balance, energy efficiency, and greenhouse gas emissions and market analysis.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Must have completed 100 credit points of subjects.
- Describe the key determinants of biotechnology in agricultural production systems.
- Critically evaluate the impact of biotechnology on sustainable food production systems.
- Articulate the pathways to incorporate biotechnology into agriculture.
- Analyse the role of technology in regenerative and sustainable agriculture systems.
- Apply analytical principles to develop emerging agriculture enterprises.
2. Sustainable food production systems.
3. Biotechnology in eco-farming, lifecycle and regenerative agriculture.
4. Innovation pathways in plant and animal production.
5. Technology applications in regenerative and sustainable agricultural production.
6. Systems and market analysis of emerging Agrifood enterprises.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|AgBiotech Analysis||3 x 15 minutes||30||N||Individual|
|Review||2x 1000 words||40||N||Individual|
|Agrifood Proposal||3000 words||30||N||Individual|
Subject Contact Ryan Mcquinn Opens in new window