REHA 3015 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy A
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401199
Coordinator Amitabh Gupta Opens in new window
Description This unit builds on the knowledge and skills developed in the first two years of physiotherapy study. It focuses on client assessment and evidence-based management in musculoskeletal physiotherapy contexts. This will require strong communication skills, ethical and professional behaviour and an appreciation of interprofessional care. Professional competencies addressed in this unit include developing skills in musculoskeletal physiotherapy assessment, interpretation and prioritisation of findings along with the implementation and evaluation of appropriate treatment strategies.
School Health Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects REHA 3026 - Orthopaedic Physiotherapy
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 4706 Bachelor of Physiotherapy and 4733 Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons).
- Display effective communication skills, ethics and professionalism
- Conduct a subjective and objective assessment
- Develop a prioritised problem list and treatment plan
- Implement appropriate and effective management strategies, including electrophysical agents
- Monitor, evaluate and progress treatments as indicated
- Demonstrate safe work practices
- subjective and objective components of An assessment
- skills such as observation, palpation, joint range of Motion, muscle length, muscle strength, Balance, Coordination, Functional, neurological Examination and Radiological imaging
- The interpretation of findings, Prioritisation of client problems and development of A Problem list and treatment plan
- implementation of appropriate management techniques including education, Exercise, gait rehabilitation, manual therapy and electrophysical agents
- Monitoring, evaluation and Progression of treatments as appropriate including discharge
- Interprofessional communication, ethics and professionalism
- Safe work practices
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Practical Exam (A)||20 minutes||40||Y||Individual|
|Report (assessment)||1 page||10||N||Individual|
|Intra-session Exam (A & B)||2 hours||40||Y||Individual|
|Practical Exam B||20 minutes||10||Y||Individual|
2022 Semester 1
Subject Contact Amitabh Gupta Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.