BUSM 3023 Hospitality and Tourism in Practice
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200995
Coordinator Bruce Cameron Opens in new window
Description Hospitality and tourism play an important role in society impacting directly and indirectly on many elements of everyday life. With the ability to both positively and negatively impact on individuals, communities and economies, hospitality and tourism are viewed from the perspective of different stakeholders. Within this unit a contextual understanding and analysis of hospitality and tourism is provided through interaction with industry practitioners and discussion of contemporary issues impacting the industry.
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Incompatible Subjects BUSM 3018 - Hospitality Industry
- Evaluate the positive and negative outcomes of tourism and hospitality;
- Analyse the impact of hospitality and tourism on society;
- Critique recent changes to the hospitality and tourism sectors;
- Address a current issue within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- The impact of hospitality and tourism on local communities
- The contemporary hospitality and tourism industries
- The positive and negative social impacts of hospitality and tourism
- hospitality and tourism of The future
- hospitality and tourism developed versus developing nations
- contemporary Developments in hospitality and tourism
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Case Study||4,000 words||40||N||Group|
Sydney City Campus - Term 2
Subject Contact Daniel Townsend Opens in new window
Subject Contact Catherine Link Opens in new window