BUSM 2039 The Accommodation Industry
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200993
Coordinator Bruce Cameron Opens in new window
Description The Accommodation Industry is concerned with developing skills for managing people, operations and business in hotels and hospitality companies. It focuses on the business operations and management issues to be found in successful lodging enterprises. The subject incorporates the application of key aspects of marketing, service management, financial management, revenue management and business development within a hospitality context. It develops effective problem solving and critical thinking skills necessary to meet the service industry's ever-changing needs. Students can expect to find employment in a range of domestic and international accommodation management facilities such as hotels, resort groups, cruise ships and the accommodation sector.
Discipline Hospitality Management
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Equivalent Subjects BUSM 2032 - Managing the Accomodation Experience
LGYA 4391 - Managing the Accomodation Experience
A basic understanding of the core concepts of hospitality.
- Assess components of the accommodation industry;
- Analyse the management functions in marketing, finance, operations, people and general management;
- Interpret financial aspects of hotel management, including revenue management;
- Evaluate sustainable accommodation aspects;
- Analyse current issues in accommodation management.
- strategic themes, goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics using specific tools
- Understanding Consumer behaviour, segmentation, targeting and positioning, The extended Marketing mix and ethics in Marketing
- relevant accounting concepts and knowledge applied to interpret and analyse financial performances of An entity
- meeting Customer Expectations and ensuring Customer satisfaction
- explore current Trends and opportunities in Hotel sustainability
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
Sydney City Campus - Term 2 (2023)
Subject Contact Daniel Townsend Opens in new window