BUSM 3053 Our Sporting Future
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 201001
Coordinator Jess Richards Opens in new window
Description Sport has become increasingly globalised, commercialised and professionalised, and is influenced by advances in technology and innovation. It is now recognised that sport can play an important role in areas such as economic regeneration, diplomacy, social integration and improving health and wellbeing. This subject will develop students' understanding of how to encourage participation and drive growth in sports business in the face of a rapidly changing landscape.
Discipline Business and Management, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Pre-requisite(s) BUSM 1031
Incompatible Subjects BUSM 3047 - Managing Service and Experience
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Critically analyse the role of sport in regeneration;
- Evaluate the potential for sport to reduce social exclusion;
- Critique sport for development/sports diplomacy/sport development projects;
- Evaluate the advances in technology and innovation that are influencing the sport industry;
- Produce strategies to overcome barriers and to encourage participation.
- The role of sport in generating social change
- Sports diplomacy
- economic regeneration through sport
- identifying barriers to sport participation
- encouraging Sports participation
- sport for development
- The principles of sport development
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|3000 words equivalent