TEAC 7100 Principles and Practices of Evaluation
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 102168
Coordinator Michele Simons Opens in new window
Description This unit provides opportunities to examine and apply evaluation strategies to assess and evaluate learning, educational and social programs and policies. Theories drawn from evaluation will be used to assist students to develop evaluative frameworks and approaches to critically evaluating programs.
Discipline Teacher Education
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 1 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 1545 - Evaluating Learning Programs
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse purposes and forms of programs
- Critically examine a range of program evaluation approaches, theories, planning processes and methodologies
- Design an evaluation study
- Critically reflect on approaches to evaluation of programs.
1. Purposes of evaluation
2. Different approaches to evaluation
3. Forms of evaluation
4. Designing evaluation
5. Reporting, dissemination and driving change from evaluation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Professional Task||2500 words||50||N||Individual|
|Critical Review||2500 words||50||N||Individual|
Subject Contact Michele Simons Opens in new window