COMM 7006 Media Project Production
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 101745
Coordinator Maryella Hatfield Opens in new window
Description This unit offers an individual, or group of, student(s) the opportunity to develop, produce and evaluate a Media Project developed in the Media Project Proposal Unit. The project production will cover implementation and evaluation issues relevant to media products. The final product is intended to be a significant new media project prototype. Individual students can negotiate the project of their choice, but this should be based on the Media Project Proposal (or equivalent) developed in the Spring Semester, or first half of semester if you are a full time student. A 5,000 word report forms part of the assessment.
School Humanities & Comm Arts
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Pre-requisite(s) COMM 7007
Equivalent Subjects LGYA 1411 - Media Production
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
Broad understanding of convergent media forms and processes; specific knowledge of project development including concept and design development.
- Develop an appropriate and detailed project production plan in relation to their proposal brief, including management of content, design and human resource components and applicable timelines.
- Research and develop stages of the production of their proposal and apply to their project work.
- Implement the prototype/pilot stage of a significant media project of marketable quality
- Work as an effective part of a production team to produce a major project.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional presentation skills through the pitch of the final project.
- Evaluate a complex product using appropriately identified and applied evaluation techniques.
- Apply advanced skills in self-directed learning.
- Project production
- Product evaluation and user testing
- Product Revision
- Project presentation for peer and expert panel Review
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Major Project and Presentation||30 minutes duration and 12 powerpoint slides. Oral presentation of the convergent media prototype or pilot.||60||N||Individual|
|Written Report||5,000 words||40||N||Individual|