ENGR 2029 Simulation in Virtual and Augmented Realities
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301306
Coordinator James Berry Opens in new window
Description Simulation in three-dimensional (3D) environments provide valuable insights to human-centred perspectives. Whilst investigating the fundamentals of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), students will analyse aspects of functionality, user interfaces, spatial relationships in built environments, sustainability, efficient resource management, instructional support for safety and training, and accelerated design conceptualisation in detailed new product, service or environmental innovation. Students' experiences will equip them for future employment as VR and AR experience designers, interactive experience producers, or creative technologists.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Other Engineering And Related Technologies
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Possession of 2D or 3D modelling skills is desirable but not essential.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate new product of service development with VR and AR technology strategies
- Design a 3D model within a virtual reality environment that engages a VR audience
- Apply VR or AR process steps in developing a new product model for use in a 3D environment
- Simulate a design for an interactive VR or AR proposal
- Present a design for an interactive VR or AR proposal that engages an audience in a collaborative discussion around the sustainable simulation benefits of a VR or AR approach
2.Explore interactive computing and emergent VR and AR applications
3.Discover enabling capabilities for VR and AR
4.Experience VR and AR
5.Designing with VR and for AR
6.Present a design proposal for a 3D environment using interactive media
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Applied Project||1 X Story Map PDF poster, 1 X 2-4 minute video presentation||20||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||2-4 minute video||25||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||5 minute presentation of working prototype||55||N||Individual|
Parramatta City - Macquarie St
Subject Contact James Berry Opens in new window