ELEC 7008 Instrumentation and Measurement (PG)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 300515
Coordinator Gaetano Gargiulo Opens in new window
Description This unit covers topics associated with the measurement and presentation of physical parameters. A wide range of transducers are presented in detail, while instrumentation includes a detailed analysis of a multitude of analogue and digital circuits used to amplify, transmit, and display electrical signals. The application of these modules in modern measurement equipment is presented in details.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Electronic Engineering
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in a postgraduate program.
Instrumentation and Measurement (PG).
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain limitations of and apply a wide range of transducers
- Design and analyse systems used for process control
- Explain the techniques and trade-offs involved in A/D and D/A conversion
- Design and specify requirements for interfacing a large number of analogue signals to a digital controller
- Design complete instrumentation systems
Amplification techniques (signal conditioning)
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Professional Task||Four report submissions||80||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Gaetano Gargiulo Opens in new window