RADI 7013 Practice of Vascular Sonography 3
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401297
Coordinator Donna Oomens Opens in new window
Description This subject aims to further develop students' understanding of the essential aspects of working in a clinical environment and will help to consolidate their imaging skills. Students will learn how to image a variety of arterial and venous pathologies. Considerable time will be spent in the clinical environment refining imaging techniques, and students will prepare and evaluation of their imaging skills.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Pre-requisite(s) RADI 7012
Co-requisite(s) RADI 7017
Students must be enrolled in 4765 Graduate Diploma in Vascular Sonography
Basic human anatomy & physiology.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Employ imaging protocols in the practice of cerebrovascular, DVT and peripheral arterial assessments (CLO 4)
- Accurately perform extensive measurements of anatomical and physiological parameters to provide high quality information for referring health professionals (CLO3)
- Formulate conclusions based on the images and measurements to produce a worksheet or/and written report for health professional (CLO 5)
- Collaborate with vascular sonographers and other health professionals to enhance professional practice and development (CLO 7)
Image Acquisition & Measurement III
3.Peripheral arterial imaging
Professional Practice and Development II
Special Requirements - NSW Health Legislative Prerequisites Pre-requisites
Student Compliance Information for all Health-Related Placements
Prior to enrolling in this subject, students must have submitted a Student Undertaking Form and undertake to apply for a National Police Check, which is required to be submitted before placement, and a Working with Children Check Student Declaration. Use the link to the Special Requirements webpage below for more information.
To be eligible to enrol in this subject and complete any required health-related placements or experiences, students must meet Western Sydney University program requirements as well as any special, legislated, or policy-mandated requirements.
Western Program Requirements
Visit the Special Requirements webpage for details about your program.
Mandatory NSW Health student placement policy requirements
To be able to undertake placement in any NSW Health facility you must be assessed as compliant with NSW Health student placement policy in the first year of your program, regardless of when you expect to go on your first placement. Access and read the NSW Student Compliance Information Booklet.
Please ensure that you
- Find your existing National Police Check or apply for one
- Gather documentary evidence of your vaccination history
- Print and compete all relevant NSW Health forms relevant to the campus you are enrolled at or online enrolment requirements
- Follow booklet instructions on how to have your compliance documents assessed by NSW health staff.
International students have additional requirements; the link to the booklet will inform you of these requirements.
Contact your School for further details regarding your School’s requirements, if any, such as
- If you live outside of NSW or Australia and need to meet your state, territory or country’s compliance requirements
- If you need to meet different state, territory or country compliance requirements.
- NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) or other state equivalent, valid for your entire program.
- Current approved first aid certificate valid for your entire program - approved program providers can be found at the Government Training website
- Other non-health related requirements.
Student Compliance Resources are also available on the Placements Hub web page (NSW students only)
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
- Myers, K, Clough, A. Practical vascular ultrasound: an illustrated guide[Internet].2014 Sch?berle, W. Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis: a therapy-oriented textbook and atlas[Internet].2018.Available from: http://ezproxy.uws.edu.au/login?url=https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/uwsau/reader.action?docID=5494664&query=9783319649979
- Myers, K, Clough, A. Practical vascular ultrasound: an illustrated guide[Internet].2014
- Schaberle, W. Ultrasonography in vascular diagnosis: a therapy-oriented textbook and atlas[Internet].2018.Available from: http://ezproxy.uws.edu.au/login?url=https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/uwsau/reader.action?docID=5494664&query=9783319649979
Subject Contact Donna Oomens Opens in new window