LAWS 7004 Australia's Visa System 2
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 200967
Coordinator Michael Morgan Opens in new window
Description This subject explores a number of substantive Australian visas, including those relating to work, doing business in Australia, study and visiting Australia (medical treatment, tourism, business, visitors). This subject focuses on providing students with a practical approach to addressing the eligibility criteria for relevant visa streams, lodgement of visa applications and processing considerations. Students will learn to evaluate pathways and options open to clients, determine strategies and formulate submissions.
Discipline Law, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Students must be enrolled in 2803/2819 Graduate Diploma in Australian Migration Law, 2824 Master of Laws, 2826 Juris Doctor or 2810 Master of Laws (International Governance).
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
1. Assess the requirements, visa conditions and application procedures for key visa classes, including work, study, doing business in Australia and visiting Australia.
2. Examine the practical interrelationship between different Australian visas.
3. Determine the appropriate visa category or alternative pathway solutions to relevant case law in a simulated environment.
4. Present clearly Australian immigration options and alternatives to clients.
5. Search and recognise the resources needed and technical requirements to reach the correct advice.
Visiting Australia visas
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
Subject Contact Michael Morgan Opens in new window
Subject Contact Sergio Stagliorio Opens in new window