ELEC 2005 Electronics (WSTC AssocD)
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 700242
Coordinator Abbas Ranjbar Opens in new window
Description This subject further develops skills in the analysis, design, practical implementation and testing of the main analogue electronic circuits. Topics covered are: semiconductor diodes and their applications, Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJT), Field Effect Transistors (FET), analysis of BJT and FET, design of discrete operational amplifiers and operational amplifier characteristics and circuit configurations.Offerings of alternate subjects are dependent on there being sufficient student enrolment numbers. If enrolments are low, the College may cancel delivery of the alternate subject.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Electrical And Electronic Engineering And Technology
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 2 subject
Pre-requisite(s) ELEC 1004
Equivalent Subjects ELEC 2004 - Electronics
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 7022 Associate Degree in Engineering
Vibrations and wave phenomena; photoelectric effect, atomic structure and periodic table, electricity and magnetism.
- Explain the basic structure and mode of operation of pn junction diode.
- Conduct an AC and DC analysis of a circuit with pn junction diode.
- Explain the basic structure and mode of operations of BJT, MOSFET transistors and operational amplifiers.
- Conduct an AC and DC analysis of single-stage amplifying circuits using BJT, MOSFET transistors and operational amplifiers.
- Design simple electronic circuits for a given specification and application.
- Use Electronics Workbench as a tool to simulate and understand electronic circuits.
2. Diode applications
3. Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJTs)
4. DC Biasing (BJTs)
5. Field Effect Transistors (FETs)
6. DC biasing of FET
7. AC Analysis of FET Operational Amplifiers
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Quiz||30 minutes each||10||N||Individual|
|Intra-session Exam||1 hour +30 min for online submission||25||N||Individual|
|End-of-session Exam||Part 1: 2 hours + 30 min for online submission Part 2: 20 minutes per student||50||Y||Individual|
Quarter 4 (2023)
Nirimba Education Precinct
Subject Contact Abbas Ranjbar Opens in new window