PUBH 4004 Honours Thesis in Health Science (P/T Year 2)
Credit Points 20
Description This is a 40 credit point year-long subject taken over two terms (20 credit points in each term). This subject is the culmination of studies for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in Health Science and provides substantial training in research. Under staff supervision, students choose the particular topic for their research, design their own programme of research, perform the research and analyse the results. The culmination of this process is the production of a thesis in which students describe the rationale for their topic, their research programme, ethical issues, results, and their conclusions.
School Health Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 4 subject
- Enhance and extend their skills in research design, both in the conceptual work involved in such design and in detailed knowledge of different research strategies and approaches, different types of research and different methods of data construction.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding between theory and method in research.
- Deconstruct the method and presentation of a piece of research.
- Be sensitive to the complex ethical issues which socially based research entails.
- Conduct a piece of original research on his or her own (but under careful supervision) and will write a scholarly thesis of a substantial nature based on this research.