RADI 7010 Research Project in Cardiac Sonography
Credit Points 20
Legacy Code 401248
Coordinator Paul Stoodley Opens in new window
Description In 2021 this unit replaced by 401467 - Medical Research Project (PG). The primary aims of this unit are to: i. Design, and ii. Execute and complete, a research project based on the cardiac ultrasound technology chosen by the student in Advanced Principles and Practice of Cardiac Sonography. Successful completion of the unit results in the composition of a report, and in an oral presentation, which will include details of the aims, methods, results and conclusions of the project.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 20cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in the Master of Cardiac Sonography.
- Design a research project utilizing a contemporary cardiac ultrasound technology
- Employ initiative and responsibility in the execution of a research project
- Compose a research report utilizing high quality academic writing skills
- Apply well-developed communication skills in the delivery of an oral presentation
- Rationalize the key findings of the research project
- Project design
- data collection and measurement
- data analysis
Module 2. Research Project Report and Presentation
- Essential report writing
- composing A research report
- Preparing A research presentation
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Project Report||4000 (excluding references)||65||Y||Individual|
|Presentation - Oral presentation (with PowerPoint or equivalent supporting slides)||25 minutes||35||N||Individual|