PUBH 6003 Applied Clinical Epidemiology
Credit Points 10
Description This subject will introduce students to topics in applied epidemiology that can inform clinical practice, research and health program evaluation, and health policy decisions. Students will develop skills in conducting systematic reviews of the literature and meta-analyses, and the design and analysis of clinical trials. Students will also be provided with an overview of principles ethical clinical research, and strategies for the dissemination and communication of epidemiological findings.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 6 subject
- Conduct a systematic review of the literature
- Critically appraise epidemiological evidence
- Complete a meta-analysis of epidemiological studies
- Design a study to address a focussed research question
- Develop an analysis plan for a clinical trial
- Assess the key ethical considerations in conducting clinical research
- Critique the principle forms and strategies for research dissemination and communication of epidemiological findings.
- Systematic reviews
- Meta-analysis of epidemiological studies
- Design and analysis of clinical trials
- Ethics in clinical research
- Dissemination and communication of epidemiological findings.
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Literature Review||2,000 words||30||N||Individual|
|Applied Project||3,000 words||50||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Opens in new window