Masters Qualifying Program with Business English (2845)
- Approved Abbreviation: MQP/BusEngl
- Western Sydney University Program Code: 2845
- AQF Level: 7
CRICOS Code: 108297C
This program applies to students who commenced in 2022 or later.
In the Masters Qualifying Program with Business English (MQP) you will participate in an intensive program of learning to prepare you for study at postgraduate level. This non-award program comprises four subjects designed to ensure you have the skills, competencies and knowledge necessary to undertake postgraduate study in business. The required embedded English components ensure that once you have completed the course successfully, you will have achieved the equivalent of IELTS 6.5 and will therefore be eligible for entry to a School of Business Master’s Program with 10 credits points of advanced standing.
Six months full-time.
Prospective students should visit the following websites for general enquiries about this program.
Enquire about this program| Local Admission | International Admission |
|Parramatta City Campus-Macquarie Street||Full Time||Internal||See above|
|Sydney City Campus||Full Time||Internal||Daniel Townsend|
To be admitted to the Masters Qualifying Program with Business English applicants must have:
- an Associate Degree, or higher in any discipline; Or
- a three (3) year post-secondary qualification, or higher in any discipline; Or
- a minimum of three (3) years full-time equivalent managerial/professional work experience; Or
- submitted other evidence of qualifications that demonstrate potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of work experience must support their application with a Statement of Service for all work experience listed on the application.
As a guide to international applicants the following additional information is provided regarding admission:
- Honours Bachelor degree (3 years) awarded by a Section 1 institution;
- Honours Bachelor degree (4 years) awarded by a Section 2 institution
- 4 year Bachelor qualification from a degree granting institution recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education; or
- 3 year Diploma (Full time, Self-Study) from an institution that is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education
- 3 year Bachelor degree awarded in 3rd or Pass Division or Class by a Section 2 institution; OR
- 3 year Bachelor degree awarded in 2nd, 3rd or Pass Division or Class by a Section 3 institution.
- A Sarjana (S1), awarded by a Section 1 institution in or after 1998 following a program identified as accredited by BAN-PT with a rating of C - at least eight semesters
- (four years) of full-time study (144-160 credits);
- Diploma III from Section 1. Three years full-time (110-120 credits) with minimum rating of A or B
- 3 year Bachelor degree awarded by a Section 1 institution at pass division or second division
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from a section 2 college of higher education 4 year duration with a final grade of 3.0, 75% or B
- A Bachelor degree awarded by a Section 1 institution requiring three years of full-time study in any division or grade for a three year Bachelor.
- An Honours Bachelor degree awarded by a section 2 institution in either the second or third division or with a letter grade of C or D requiring at least three years of full-time study.
- Any Bachelor's degree in non-professional discipline awarded by Section 3 institutions.
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from a Higher or Private Institution (assessments are made on a case by case basis)
- A Bachelor degree from a teacher college 4 year full time duration with a grade of pass or good
- Completion of a Bachelor degree with a GPA of 1.75 or better
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from a section 2 or other licensed UAE instruction, 4 years full time with a grade below 3 out of 4
- A Bang Tot nghiep Dai hoc (University Graduation
International applicants must have an IELTS equivalent of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in all bands will be eligible to be eligible to study the Masters Qualifying Program with Business English.
English Language Entry Requirements
For entry to this program, applicants must have achieved one of the following:
- IELTS 6 with 5.5 in all bands
- TOEFL PBT 550/ IBT 70 with Writing 20, Speaking 16, Listening and Reading 11
- Pearson PTE 50 with 42 in all communication skills
- The College English Entrance Test 70%+
- Pass in The College EAP 4 course
Students who successfully complete the Masters Qualifying Program with Business English will be eligible for entry to postgraduate study in the School of Business.
Students who need to further develop their English language skills can complete one of the English language programs offered by Western Sydney University The College. Students who successfully complete English Academic Program 5 (EAP5) with The College do not need to take any further English language tests to gain entry to their study at Western Sydney University.
Western Sydney The College English Language Programs
Applications from Australian and New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent resident visas may be made via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) or directly through the Western Portal. Use the links below to apply via UAC or Western Sydney University. Applications made directly to Western Sydney do not have an application fee.
Applicants who have undertaken studies overseas may have to provide proof of proficiency in English. Local applicants who are applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on the UAC website. Local applicants applying directly to the University should also use the information provided on the UAC website.
All other International applicants must apply directly to the University via the International Office.
International students applying to the University through the International Office can find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on their website.
Overseas qualifications must be deemed by the Australian Education International - National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (AEI-NOOSR) to be equivalent to Australian qualifications in order to be considered by UAC and Western Sydney University.
This non-award program consists of four subjects (equivalent to 40 credit points) for the Masters Qualifying Program with Business English.
|Quarters 1, 2, 3 and 4|
|BUSM 0028||Communications for Business||10|
|Quarters 1 and 3|
|BUSM 0027||Management Fundamentals||10|
|Quarters 2 and 4|
|MKTG 0001||Marketing Skills||10|
|Select one of the following:||10|
|Business Analytics in Practice|
|Financial Reports for Decision Making|
|Total Credit Points||40|