RADI 7017 Principles of Vascular Sonography 3
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 401296
Coordinator Donna Oomens Opens in new window
Description This unit will extend the student's knowledge of cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular arterial disease, along with thrombotic venous disease. Students will learn essential research skills, for which the university's vast learning resources will provide an important aid.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Postgraduate Coursework Level 7 subject
Pre-requisite(s) RADI 7016
Co-requisite(s) RADI 7013 - Practice of Vascular Sonography 3
Restrictions Students must be enrolled in 4765 Graduate Diploma in Vascular Sonography
Basic human anatomy, & physiology.
- Distinguish the anatomical and physiological features of cerebrovascular and peripheral arterial circulations (CLO 1)
- Examine key features of thrombotic diseases related to vascular sonography practice to compose a case report relating to an ultrasound for a documented thrombotic event (CLO 1)
- Classify vascular disease in relation to patient outcomes, encountered within a vascular sonography practice (CLO 5)
- Appraise the literature in vascular sonography theory and practice to inform professional practice(CLO 7)
- Employ research methods, data collection and analysis in the field of vascular sonography surrounding peripheral vascular disease(CLO 7)
2.Thrombotic venous disease
3.Peripheral vascular disease
Case Study & Research Skills 1
3.Statistical analysis of collected data
4.Case report writing
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Online Quiz||30 minutes||15||N||Individual|
|Case Portfolio||40 studies||40||N||Individual|
|Cardiovascular Pathophysiology Case Study||1500 words||45||Y||Individual|
- Polak J. Pellerito J. Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography. 6th Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier; 2012 to the 7th Ed 2020
- Myers K. Clough A. Practical Vascular Ultrasound: An illustrated guide. London. CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group: 2014
2022 Semester 1
Subject Contact Donna Oomens Opens in new window
Attendance Requirements 80% attendance rate is imposed in all core subjects’ due to the nature of class activities that are aligned with subject assessments.