Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (1938)
- Western Sydney University Program Code: 1938
- AQF Level: 8
CRICOS code: 110873B
This program applies to students who commenced in Spring 2024 or later.
Students should follow the program structure for the session start date relevant to the year they commenced.
This program has been developed for professionals who would like to further develop their critical understanding of sustainable tourism, hospitality and event management, as well as those looking for a direct employment pathway into this increasingly global sector.
Six months full-time and one year part-time
Prospective students should visit the following websites for general enquiries about this program.
|Parramatta City - Macquarie Street
|Parramatta City - Macquarie Street
Applicants must have successfully completed
- a bachelor degree, or higher, in tourism, travel, hospitality, event management, heritage, geography, social science, cultural studies, humanities, business, environmental management, or a related discipline; OR
- a bachelor degree, or higher, in any discipline AND a minimum of two years full-time equivalent work experience in roles related to tourism, travel, hospitality, event management and/or the visitor economy; OR
- a bachelor degree, or higher, in any discipline AND a minimum of five years full-time equivalent general work experience; OR
- an advanced diploma, or equivalent, in tourism, travel, hospitality, event management, heritage, geography, social science, cultural studies, humanities, business, environmental management, or a related discipline AND five years full-time equivalent work experience at a managerial or professional level in roles related to tourism, travel, hospitality, event management, heritage and/or the visitor economy.
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of work experience must support their application with a Statement of Service for all work experience listed on the application.
Applications from Australian and New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent resident visas may be made via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) or directly through the Western Portal. Use the links below to apply via UAC or Western Sydney University. Applications made directly to Western Sydney do not have an application fee.
Applicants who have undertaken studies overseas may have to provide proof of proficiency in English. Local applicants who are applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on the UAC website. Local applicants applying directly to the University should also use the information provided on the UAC website.
All other International applicants must apply directly to the University via the International Office.
International students applying to the University through the International Office can find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on their website.
Overseas qualifications must be deemed by the Australian Education International - National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (AEI-NOOSR) to be equivalent to Australian qualifications in order to be considered by UAC and Western Sydney University.
Successfully completion of the Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management requires the completion of at least 40 credit points, including at least 20 credit points of core subjects, and 20 credit points of any other subjects. Graduate Certificate core subjects include:
|Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Events
|Tourism, Hospitality and Event Futures
|Sustainable Visitor Economies
|Tourism, Hospitality and Events Insights
Please refer to the Recommended Sequence for program 1936 Master of Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management for details of other subjects which may be available.