ENGR 3029 Specialisation Workshop 1
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 301438
Coordinator Fidelis Mashiri Opens in new window
Description This unit is designed to enhance technical skills development in an engineering discipline. The unit enables students to perform the practical aspects that relate to product development, manufacturing, infrastructure development and service delivery. It also enables students to gain skills to plan, communicate, operate and manage workshops, laboratory settings and work sites while working in a team environment.
School Eng, Design & Built Env
Discipline Engineering and Related Technologies, Not Elsewhere Classified.
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Restrictions Successful completion of 60 credit points
- Design engineering solutions by applying engineering fundamental principles, methods and tools to real world problems
- Apply project management and engineering procedures and processes for engineering solution development and delivery
- Develop safe work procedures in workshops, laboratory settings and work sites and in discussion with peers and the facilities team
- Develop collaboration skills in managing teamwork and team projects with respect for diversity and inclusiveness to achieve project outcomes
- Communicate concepts, solutions and project outcomes clearly and ethically in a range of formats
1.Engineering drawing and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
2.Civil and Construction Design
3.Civil and Construction Management
1.Industrial Electronics and Control
2.Power Electronics and Communications
Mechanical and Robotics and Mechatronics:
2.Fitting, Machining, and Fabrication
3.Hydraulics and pneumatics
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Short Answer||Approx. 1000 words or equivalent||20||N||Individual|
|Practical||Approx. 1000 words or equivalent (per submission)||40||N||Individual|
|Presentation||15 Minutes Group Presentation||15% (5 (I), 10 (G))||N||Both (Individual & Group)|
|Report||Approx. 3000 words or equivalent||25% (5 (I), 20 (G))||N||Both (Individual & Group)|