TOUR 3004 Destination Management
Credit Points 10
Coordinator Felicity Picken Opens in new window
Description Destination Management provides students with a fundamental understanding of the concepts associated with managing places as destinations. The subject develops analytical skills that include the coordination of a destination through tourism industry’s sectors, their relationship with each other and the opportunities and challenges they face in the predictable future. An appreciation of the importance of a destination’s unique cultural, natural and economic attributes is developed from the viewpoint of sustainability and through the prism of a destination audit. The nature of competition and gaining competitive advantage is addressed throughout the content.
School Social Sciences
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 4 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
Equivalent Subjects BUSM 3007 - Destination Management
Successful completion of 80 credit points of study.
- Analyse structure, roles and interrelationships of Destination Management Organisations (DMO) at various levels of operation
- Evaluate factors influencing destination management
- Undertake a destination resource analysis (Audit)
- Evaluate destination strategies based upon destination management objectives
- Critique destination management strategies
- Identify and describe opportunities, challenges and constraints affecting DMOs in formulating strategies
- Destination characteristics and destination profiling (critical review)
- Coordination structures and principle players in the coordination of destination management - Strategic and sustainable destination management (policy, practices and issues)
- Place management
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Critical Review||500 words||25||N||Individual|
Parramatta - Victoria Rd
Subject Contact Felicity Picken Opens in new window