COMP 3038 Professional ICT Internship
Credit Points 30
Description Students will undertake a six month placement in a large IT infrastructure organisation where they actively engage with large-scale capital works projects. Students develop skills in the practical development of enterprise solutions and architectures, such as the infrastructure development for the Western Sydney airport. During their placement students will be mentored by the professional staff and incorporated into the client team at their placement venue. This integration into the client team will allow students to utilise and further develop skills in cloud computing, software development, DevOps and business operations in addition to providing them with valuable career contacts and contexts.
School Computer, Data & Math Sciences
Student Contribution Band
Check your fees via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 3 subject
After successful completion of this Unit, students will be able to:
- Apply modern IT thinking and strategy
- Develop long term strategies for customers, and organisations
- Design and develop processes for customers within IT frameworks
- Apply appropriate strategies, technologies and architectures to customer problems
- Communicate to customers, managers and senior staff members
- Develop an understanding of large scale IT workplace and how they operate
- Quality Assurance Procedures
- Risk Management procedures
- Systems Development
- Cloud Systems
- Cloud Security
- Project Management
- Client and Customer Communication and Negotiation strategies
- Success Assessment
The following table summarises the standard assessment tasks for this subject. Please note this is a guide only. Assessment tasks are regularly updated, where there is a difference your Learning Guide takes precedence.
|Viva Voce||1 hour||30||N||Individual|