PUBH 1005 Foundations of Wellbeing
Credit Points 10
Legacy Code 400962
Coordinator Jill Hnatiuk Opens in new window
Description This unit provides an introduction to wellbeing through a reflective and strengths-based approach that seeks to enhance personal, social and community wellbeing. Students will be able to understand, analyse and synthesize personal and structural factors that influence wellbeing. When considering how these factors and how issues of social justice and equity have differential impacts on both individuals and communities, students will be able to develop relevant strategies for taking personal and social action to enhance wellbeing.
School Health Sciences
Discipline Health Promotion
Student Contribution Band HECS Band 2 10cp
Check your HECS Band contribution amount via the Fees page.
Level Undergraduate Level 1 subject
Equivalent Subjects HUMN 1020 - Foundations of Wellbeing
- Apply a range of concepts that define the various dimensions of wellbeing, strengths-based approach, and quality of life.
- Explain how social justice and equity principles are integral to wellbeing.
- Apply skills in building resilience, active listening and assertiveness.
- Analyse research and resources in the field of quality of life, and strengths-based approach to wellbeing.
- Critically evaluate personal and socio-cultural factors that influence wellbeing.
- Develop meaningful plans to enhance their personal and social wellbeing.
2. Writing narratives and reflections for wellbeing
3. Relaxation and mindfulness practices
4. Personal and interpersonal skills
5. Empowerment, equity and justice in the context of personal and social wellbeing
6. Strengths-based approach in wellbeing
7. Quality of life research
8. Teaching wellbeing in Health and Physical Education